Moving on. Adding more weathering to the structure. To begin with I used AK Interactive Afrika Korp wash and MIG Ammo Dark Wash on some of the roof and side panels to give variations in shade. These were thinned so to build up a gradual shade. Also used MIG Ammo Light Rust Wash around the 'nut and bolts'. On the side panels a used a brush dampened with thinner to drag on down. The handrails have been added. These have been chipped using the sponge method. The same rust wash applied all over but thinned and then applied in selected areas neat.
Next I began by using Dark Brown oil paint to streaks down the side and on selected areas on the roof. Then AK Interactive Afrika Korp Streaking Grime on the side panels only. Then finally a wash of black pigment, from Forge World, mixed with water.
The Pigment wash was again applied in certain areas and then stippled and pulled down to give streaks of dirt. The Humbrol stippling brushes were good for this.
At this point I have also added some MIG Ammo Dark Earth pigment with the black to the roof to give the appearance of a build up of grime in selected areas.
Finally. Started work on the furniture for the interior.
These are Ainsty Castings bunk beds. I've used lead foil to represent blankets. Picked that up from Scale Link.
That's it for now more to follow soon...